26.10.07

First Post

This space will be used to tell stories from my travels. A little background is where I guess I'll begin.

I began a new job in Washington, DC in July in health care. A large portion of my time is spent visiting hospitals nationwide to better understand their short- and long-term priorities and assist them as appropriate.

After leaving college 13 of my friends began a regular email dis-list to keep everyone aware of what new things have happened to one another, and apparently, according to NYC artist Anders Johnson and Philadelphia online-marketer extraordinaire Nick Fedor - my endless emails are driving them crazy. Nick suggested started a blog, and 30 minutes later, here we are.

This blog is very raw at this juncture, but should continue to grow and change overtime. In addition to filling in my friends and colleagues about my travels, I also intend on using this space to complain. Traveling all week can become very annoying - do you realize how many novice travelers I have to deal with on a day-to-day basis? Let's just say, I've waited in security lines longer this month than I've spent at my apartment.

At any rate, I hope someone finds this page enjoyable to read.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your endless e-mails do not annoy me! but this should be cool. I hope to post lots of idiotic things here and always sign out, "your in idiocy, encino man."

Anonymous said...

i am casually looking forward to your blog. and i only use the word casually because on most occasions when i read it, i will not be in black tie. at most, i will be business casual. and that is saying something.

here is something to say: go flyers!

Anonymous said...

what a perfect idea Tooch. No matter how much you travel, you'll always have a home on the Internet. We should teach our children that. Here's to wonderful travels and cheap motel hookers.

Michael A. Seidman said...

I have several homes on the internet, and they're WAY nicer than my homes IRL...fake money is easier to come by than real money. Of course, some people use fake money to make real money, for example the people who make Monopoly and Julian Dibbell. But I digress.

Hi, Tooch! I'm so glad we can all hear from you again - you've meant SO much to me, as I'd be even poorer and less educated without you. Yay books!

Oh, and allow me to make your job easier:
- hospitals need money
- money does not come from patients
- money does not come from insurance companies
- money does not grow on trees, except in some virtual worlds
Therefore, they must figure out how to make money. I suggest stealing it from rich people so they can patch up the holes in poor people. Those holes are usually put there either by rich people or by other poor people who don't like rich people, so it's all the rich people's fault anyway.