3.5.09


  • 2007 Breggo Cellars Chardonnay Savoy Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (5/2/2009)
    On the nose, there is subtle oak, lemon, pear and granny smith apple flavors. Very nice nose. Wow, this is an incredible balanced chardonnay from Cali. There is certainly oak in this wine, but it's controlled and the fruit stands up to the oak impressively. I think that this bottle achieves a balance of oak and fruit that I really look for. I can't forget to mention the mouthfeel of this wine as well. Super silky, quite enjoyable. The one interesting thing I can say about it is it has an impressive back end structure that I don't normally notice in Chardonnays. I think this might be able to age for a couple years....it would be interesting to try that. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

No comments: