14.11.07

Chevy Impala's and Aerosmith

I've been in Tennessee a couple times, and every time I've been there I've rented a Chevy Impala and heard Aerosmith on the radio. I like both the Impala (the car, not the agile mammal) and Aerosmith....but it's crazy how often Aerosmith was played over the radio in my Impala!

I haven't heard "Walk that Way" on the radio since, well, I don't think I've EVER heard it on the radio before. Western Tennesse LOVES "Walk that Way". Furthermore, radio stations in Nashville leave a lot to be desired. I don't consider myself a fan of country music, so maybe Nashville and I just aren't meant for one another. But seriously! How many country radio stations can a city of 607,413 have?

Let's put that in contrast to New Orleans. Landed around 9pm and hoped into my Dodge Charger and headed into town. Not sure if I had satellite radio in the car or not, but the channel that was already on played 6 straight Grateful Dead songs! How perfect was this?!??!? I had just left a city that played nothing but country music and had arrived in a city that directly appealed to my bizarre taste of music. The playlist I heard was "grate" too; "Touch of Grey", "Box of Rain", "Samson & Deliah", "Sunshine Daydream", "Sugar Magnolia" & "Attics in my Life".

Perfect start to my trip to New Orleans.

2 comments:

Farayi said...

Country music = cool! Get with the program Mr. Latuchie.

Unknown said...

im a little surprised it was 6 straight lil weezy and juvenile tunes...biiirdddd caaalllll