6.11.07

O-H-I-O

Even the trees in Columbus were red last weekend. I headed back to central Ohio for two reasons. First, was because the Ohio State Buckeyes were playing a big game against the Wisconsin Badgers & secondly, to see a good friend (Karthik) and a sworn fantasy sports enemy (Vafa). After being picked up the three of us got food and made the proactive decision to have a quiet Friday night so we could have more fun on Saturday.

Saturday started early and we did what all college football fans do on Saturday morning - immediately turned on College Gameday. We got a cab and headed towards the Horseshoe for some tailgaiting. A sea of red greeted us as we neared the stadium - as both OSU and Wisconsin fans wore their team red colors - making rivals nearly indistinguishable until you were right next to them.

I made the somewhat poor decision to be the only person (probably in all of Columbus) to wear Michigan colors to the stadium area. I just like blue. We met up with some friends and decided to find a bar to get some food and watch the game.

The game was underwhelming as most OSU games are - and I spent most of the time playing pool with Karthik and Vafa. As the night wore on, the blood alcohol level of the collective city rose to alarming heights (as is expected in Columbus during OSU games). Vafa, Karthik and I went to a couple parties throughout the night and finally ended up at a BW3s for some late night wings.

The next day, I got ready to head to Memphis for work - my first time there. All-in-all, it was a fun trip to Columbus - would have preferred that OSU had lost, but I guess I blew all my luck back in Reno.

No comments: