12.11.07

Chicago O'Hare International Airport

Let me offer up some advice. Avoid O'Hare at all cost. I just flew through it, had a 90 minute layover and really didn't like it. It wasn't my first time there, and certainly won't be my last - but I'm determined to find a place somewhere within that monstrosity where I can find some peace and quiet to relax.



The crush of humanity that wanders through the corridors of O'Hare is equally perplexing. Every type of person is found there...so I ask you, where do people like me go? Do they opt for aviation museum? Or, perhaps they get on the next train to downtown Chicago for some food in between flights? Maybe, I need to check out the airport clubs next time. Instead of fighting for a table at the Fox Sports Sky Box (and being asked to move three times in 10 minutes so more people can be sat) I could take a shower at the Red Carpet Club, enjoy a gin and tonic and get some work done.



I think I've got a plan in place now - but please, if you have the pleasure of visiting Chicago in the future, go to Midway....if ORD is printed ANYWHERE near your ticket, bring some ear plugs, blinders, and enough bravado to fight for that table.

No comments: